Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Postpone Ipswich BBQ/ Wedding

First of all I'm sorry I haven't posted for a few weeks but, well to be honest I went through a tough time because we lost the baby and I didn't want to tell people right away because then I would get a lot of emails reminding me about it.

But as I like to say “When things are down think about the good things in life or things that make you laugh.” ha ha.

Unfortunately we have had to postpone the Mates helping Mates BBQ at Ipswich because things were just coming together as well or quickly as it should be. Another date will be set soon. Mates helping Mates the charity will be helping homeless in the meantime but not having the big BBQ'S just yet.

Hey I'll always do my 'Pies n coke day' as the other directors Alicia Wright (http://girlfriday4hire.blogspot.com )and Paula-Lee Harrison ( http://pennysperspective.wordpress.com ) are always doing there thing to help homeless and those in need. Really Alicia and Paula-Lee are one in a million. Check out there sites.

Starting our new (Non Profit) Mates helping Mates charity to help the homeless and those in need we got it all official and no I can't take credit because Alicia and Paula did all the work because hey there the smart ones, But I have my good looks and they let me join them to help more. Ha ha.

A bank account with the Commonwealth Bank so if you would like to donate towards a lot of the good work we do for the homeless here are the details. BSB 064000 AC 1294 8571. The account name is in 'Grant Richards & Alicia Wright' which is good because we both have to sign to get money out which will be put towards our next BBQ event for the homeless or buying things for the homeless.

--------------------------------------------------

Okay do I have some great news. Cheryl and I got back together because she became pregnant, but then she miscarried and we sat down and talked about what to do now. We are still getting married and become a family once again. (Doing the happy dance now. Ha ha)

You see when we separated I was in a lot more pain then I feel now and I had given up on myself and thought I had no value. Now I am Grant the Polite Guy and everyday my back heals stronger and I feel that I have more value now then ever in my life.

Now I started thinking I don't earn much selling my magazines but I want to make this a great wedding because Cheryl deserves at least that so what to do? It hit me, One thing I'm good at is BBQ'S, so yes you got it. Have a wedding by the water and put on a BBQ in the park right near it. Now this won't be a homeless BBQ with all the homeless information there, but it's going to have marquee’s, tables and chairs. It'll be great.

Now there's a lot of people that comment and/or just read my blog and for some I have got to know but never meet. So please this is my invitation to you as well. Come to my wedding and share the special moment with me. Being at the park means I don't have a limit on the number of people coming. Well that's mostly true. Ha ha.

Here's the plan. Get married close to the water and then a few metres away will be the BBQ'S and tables and things for lunch then after the eating is done off to the Wynnum RSL club for some drinks and dance. Sounds like a great plan. Ha ha. I know I am suppose to pay for everything but I can't so what I am doing is paying for wedding and BBQ and then at the club everyone pays for themselves, This is the only way I can invite everyone which apart from getting married means a lot to me to know people wanted to join me on this special day.

Here's the dates and things.
319 Upper Esplande
Wynnum
10am saturday on the 22nd of October.

I want to word this bit nicely and as polite as I can. If you are thinking of getting a wedding gift which you don't have too because your company is far more important to me, but if you were thinking of doing something then Cheryl and I have done up a wish list for people to get. ( I didn't want 15 toasters) ha ha.

We have picked things we can use but don't really have the money for a lot of them. I am asking a friend of mine (Seven) to order it through our Amway business so we get the points and the commission too. Hey there may be something there you might want too.

To view the list please go to top of page and I have added a new page called Wedding Wish List. I have to put this because I don't want some people feeling bad. I know I have readers that are down on there luck right now and to them I say “Mate save your money and come and share a smile instead, a smile from a friend can be more valuable then any gift bought or stolen”

-------------------------------------------------------

I would like thank everyone for reading my blog and I hope you all have a great day.
If anyone would like to email me please do at grantthepoliteguy@gmail.com

Thank you again.
Grant the Polite Guy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Grant I am so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. I am so glad you are still getting married. Congratulations. You deserve the absolute best and it seems to be all happening!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea behind a small wedding is to share your special day with only a few special people. Since the size of the wedding party and guests is easily manageable, small weddings ideas often allow you to pursue the wedding of your dreams when otherwise it wouldn't be possible. Whether it's a fancy, elegant wedding or a few close friends sharing a common interest, the choice is yours. Make your small wedding a wedding that you'll never forget. foto video nunta suceava

    ReplyDelete