Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

All Heart

I know I've talked about heart before and I'm so proud to mention it again.

It is true  in November I hit a hard time and needed to get away from things for a short while. I ended up in Sydney staying in a homeless lodge and trying to find myself again I guess. I really was doing too much with everything.

When I came back to Brisbane I'd plan to open the new coffee store in the Valley late January, which is still going ahead. But I wasn't working and had no income so I went back to the one thing I knew, the Big Issue. This was nothing like what I wanted to do because I'd worked so hard to get on my feet and move on from doing the Big Issue. The way I see it the Big Issue is awesome for helping people to get on their feet and in my mind going back to doing it meant to me I was going backwards after everything I'd done.

Now for my proud moment. I have help so many people from homeless to people in need that within the first hour of me putting on a Big Issue I had 5 homeless which sleeps on the streets come to me being concerned and offering me money to help. Now don't get me wrong I didn't take one coin from them except for one guy "Bruce" who had come and very much insisted about 3-4 times. It got to the point that he was offended that he couldn't help me when I needed help and hitting hard times.

I have to tell you that I've made it clear to him that I have gotten on my feet since and even done the "Pie and Coke" for him just because I felt bad that he had nothing in life and he wanted to repay me in some way for me helping him. I want to make this clear, it made me  feel bad and very very proud at the same time that I had earnt the respect of just some of the people I've helped.

This year is going to be huge and I will help that many more people, not because I feel good about getting respect from people but because the need is out there it's people like you, me, our mums, dads and good people that just need a helping hand when times are down.

I'll ask people that read my blog to think about one thing. If you walk past a person that's homeless or looks like there doing things tough, would it hurt to smile, say "Hi" and buy them something to eat? I can say that the person you do it for will be having a lot better day because of it and it will bring a smile to your face for doing something awesome.

Thank you for reading my blog and I hope you all have a great day.

Grant Richards
Grant the Polite Guy
grantthepoliteguy@gmail.com
0412 190 011

No comments:

Post a Comment